1 - 2 potatoes Potato peeler
Salt Pot and lid
⅓ cup flour Stove
1 egg or a little milk Chopping board
Extra flour to use on the bench Potato masher
Pasta sauce Bowl and wooden spoon
- Using 1 - 2 potatoes follow our recipe to make mashed potatoes.
- When they are cool put them into a bowl.
- Add the flour, the egg or milk and then mix to combine them.
- Knead the dough until it forms a ball.
- Cut the dough ball into quarters.
- Sprinkle flour on the bench and take one quarter of dough.
- Roll into a snake about 1 ½ cm thick. Then cut into 1cm pieces.
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Put the gnocchi (about 8) in the boiling water using a holey spoon.
- Cook the gnocchi for 2 to 4 minutes or until the gnocchi float to the top then cook a further 1 minute.
- Remove them with the holey spoon and drain them well.
- Serve them with your favourite gnocchi sauce and enjoy!